Do you know where you are heading to? Do you have any idea what you wish to achieve in life? You don’t? Well, you are not the only one! As a matter of fact, there are very few around, who have their goals clearly defined, and they would do anything to make sure that their goals are achieved. Now let’s talk about you! The fact that you don’t have any set goals, doesn’t necessarily means that you would end up achieving nothing in life! You can always fix the situation. All that you need to do is to set a goal for yourself! It’s as simple as that, and trust me, it’s as simple as it sounds. All that you need to do, is to organize your plans, set a vision, and strive towards achieving it. Sounds complicated? Well, that’s what life is. However, it’s your will and desire to be successful in life is what matters. Are you motivated enough? Because, that’s the key. You may not have the proper directions, however, as long as you are motivated and willing to give your hundred percent, it’s just a matter of time. Once you know what you are after, what to achieve; no matter how late it might have come in your life; there is no stopping you.
Setting Goals in Life – Few Important things to know
Before you start thinking of setting a goal, there are a couple of important questions you need to ask yourself. Introspection is one of the most important things we need to do.
- Where do I see myself 5 years down the line?
- What do I intend to achieve in life and how much time can I allow myself?
- What are my weakness which could create hurdles? Are they too difficult to overcome?
- What are my strengths? How can I work on them so that I can overcome my weaknesses?
- Do I have any talent in any particular field? If I do, where do I rate myself in a scale of one to ten?
- How can I add more to my talent and polish it further? Do I have it in me to take it to the next level?
These are some of the most pertinent questions which needs to be addressed. Once you found correct answer to these questions, things would be much easier for you.
Life Goals – Few Useful Tips for you
Here are a couple of tips, which you might find to be useful, if you can’t decide on your life’s goals and are looking for one. These tips have been recommended by some of the best motivators in the world.
- Decide: Think of something you wish to work on. Have passion! It can be anything; doesn’t matter what it is, as long as you feel a strong inclination towards it. It has to be something that excites you, that makes you feel happy; something you enjoy doing. It has to be something which you want to do for yourself, and not for someone else. Do you like public speaking? Does the sound of public speaking give you chills? Go ahead. You never know, you might end up being the best public speaker in the world.
- Write Down: When you write down your goals, you increase your chances of sticking with your goals. Write down what your goal is. It’s your goal, you don’t have to worry what others think about it! Most importantly, set a deadline for yourself. It is also very important that you write them down in specific words. Is it of any use? This is what you must be wondering! Well, this is how it worked for someone, who used to roam around the streets of Los Angeles; you must have heard of him, Charlie Chaplin!
- Let Someone Know: No matter how unrealistic it might sound, it is very important that you confided into some one; someone close to you; someone you can trust. You need to approach that person with an open mind and must allow yourself to listen what he has to say about it. They might sound encouraging or they could discard your idea right away. Whatever the reactions might be, do not allow it to overwhelm you. The idea behind letting someone know is to find out how your idea is being accepted by others. Though it doesn’t matter, yet you might get a reality check
- Break it Down: You need to break down your gaols into several segments. Life goals are long term, hence you need to slowly work on them. It might happen that you are interested in multiple different things. Do you think it is impossible to work on all of them? You are wrong! This is where breaking and segmentation comes into play. It allows you the time; time, the most crucial factor when it comes to achieving your goals. It gives you the time to work on your talent, rectify your errors and add to your strengths. And yes, the most important thing, it would help you to work on your weaknesses and eliminate them completely.
- Your First Step is the Most Important One: You need to be very careful when you have decided to step inside the arena. Your first step needs to be absolutely spot on! This would determine how far you will be able to reach and how much you will be able to achieve. Remember, the stepping stone is the basis of foundation.
The most important thing which you need to do in your journey of achieving your goal is to make sure that you have a clear idea about your goal. Setting one is important; however, how you plan to achieve it is even more important. So, roll up your sleeves and give your best. It will require more than your hundred percent effort to accomplish your life goal!