Helping others for a noble cause doesn’t only make the world a better place to live in but it also makes you a better person. Helping others teaches the dark realities of life as you get to know about people and their hardships! We often complain about not having certain luxuries in life but when you step out and lend your hand to others, you will know how people are striving to fulfill their basic needs. The actions of charity enhance your well-being. Here mentioned are some of the incredible benefits of help.
- It can help you live longer– There is no other greater feeling than making others happy. Volunteering at a school or assisting an elderly person to cross a road can enhance your health in different ways. Though it doesn’t have any direct impact on your health, assisting someone in need makes you content and happy. When you are happy, your brain stimulates certain fluids which eradicate depression and stress. Receiving blessings from elders is a great achievement in life. Helping others can alleviate loneliness and makes us socially active with others.
- It helps you to connect with others– Lending your hand to others can help you to connect with others and engage more with the community members. It develops your reputation in the community and you leave a long-lasting impression on the minds of people. Face to face connections is always better as it enhances the sense of belonging. Donating blood, donating food to the poor and needy are some of the activities that you can do.
- It has a contagious effect– Reaching out to others has a contagious effect. A lot of people will take inspiration from you and they will try to join hands with you for a noble cause. An individual creates reputation and goodwill through good deeds. People are likely to perform deeds of kindness by observing others. It also enhances your mind and soul knowing that you are a source of inspiration to many. There is a beautiful saying- ‘Leave a little sparkle wherever you go’. The inner meaning of this statement is to spread your goodness and positivity among others. This effect can flow all through the community, rousing dozens of folks to create a difference.
- It makes us happy and content– People who are involved in volunteering are likely to happier than those who don’t. The reason behind this contentment can be the result of a high level of socialization and physical involvement. The researchers believe that people who associate themselves with a noble cause have higher mental boosting due to the release of neurochemical compounds in the brain.
- It gives a sense of renewal– Often we find people facing a similar situation like ours. Helping others would mean helping yourself. People experiencing a similar situation like yours provide a sense of renewal to you as it helps you to connect better with them.
- It boosts your self-esteem– At times you might feel low and you don’t find a purpose to live your life, but when you spend time on things you’re passionate about; it boosts up your morale and self-esteem. Your self-esteem gets enhanced when there is a higher level of social interactions. However, one can enjoy the benefits of helping others only when there is regularity in it. One can garner more confidence with regular volunteerism.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of volunteering, you might wonder how to help others. Below mentioned are some of the best ways by which you can help others.
- Donate something– There are lots of unused items at home that are not in use. It can be your clothes, old schoolbooks or copies, and radio. Donate old things to others who are in need.
- Make a donation– You are various things to donate. Besides clothes and books, you can also donate food packets to charity houses, or you can donate money through online donation platforms.
- Teach others– Sharing your knowledge is a great way to help others. It can be anything like teaching how to use android phones to your grandpa, teaching new computer skills to your co-worker, or joining rainbow classes. A rainbow class is an outreach program where unprivileged students get to learn new poems, poetry, stories from teachers and students. It is an interactive mode of study with kids. But if you want, you can also teach kids who are not from a privileged background.
- Guide someone in grief– Someone who is in pain will not be in a position to make a rational decision. So if you find someone who is lost and is unable to find out any solution, suggest them with good ideas. Do not take the decision alone- allow them to take the final decision as it helps in curing the pain.
- Help someone to reach their goals– You might have a friend who wants to get fit and reduce weight, but lack of motivation is holding them back. Such an individual needs motivation and a helping hand. You can ask that person to join a gym with you, or go out for jogging together. Working together for a common goal can have insightful benefits.
- Appreciate someone– We all work hard so that we get our due respect and appreciation from others. Sometimes people lose their urge to work as they don’t receive the appreciation from their employers. This is one of the reasons why employers should provide rewards to their employees or throw a party for accomplishing company goals. Praising someone in front of others is a great way of appreciation.
These are some of the ways by which you can lend your helping hand to others in need. It boosts your confidence and self-esteem. Giving and sharing is a great way to enhance relationships with others, and build a better community to live together.